Sunday, April 27, 2014

So Very Sick

My heart is breaking as I watch you and see how miserable you are. I had a feeling you were getting sick, but on Wednesday night you would sleep for 15 minutes, then wake up screaming. Of course Daddy was out of town. You had a 101 fever so I called the doctor on Thursday. They had an opening so I took you in. Your doctor was not sure if it was just a cold or something more. She said something was not sitting right with her. I agreed and said that is why I brought you in. She was hesitant to give you an antibiotic but she said she would call on Friday to see how you were.

On Friday a nurse called and I told her that you seemed to be getting worse. You still had a fever and you were lethargic. You were refusing to eat but thankfully you were still drinking. She talked to the doctor and they said they were going to call in an antibiotic. If you still have a fever tomorrow I have to take you in again.

Daddy picked up your medicine on Friday so your first dose was after your brothers got home from school. Daddy and I had a school event to go to and I felt awful leaving you. This is how you looked before we left last night:



You were so unhappy. I thought about staying home. I did not want to expose Nana and Papa to your sickness. I hope no one catches whatever it is that you might have. You woke up this morning, ate some yogurt (first food in a few days) and had your milk. You seemed to be getting back to your old self. Around 11 it was as if you remembered you were sick. You were clingy and felt warm so I gave you some medicine. It was funny because after I give you something today, you have been saying "thanks." Usually you say "thank you" but today it is just "thanks."

I love watching you do and learn new things. You make me laugh. You have such a big personality and I wish I could record every second of your life. I love that you pick up the play phone, say "Hi Papa. How are you? I good. Love you. Bye." You also like to "call" Nana. I am so glad you love them so much! Your vocabulary seems to grow every day right along with you. I am having a very hard time knowing you are growing up. As challenging as you can be, I love this age. I feel like the first year was a blur. I was so busy trying to figure out how to be a mom that I feel I missed a lot of things. I do think I wrote down most things but I feel like a lot of my memories will have to come from pictures.

This morning you were in the kitchen and I asked you for a kiss. Usually you say no, or if you do say yes, you put your head forward and let me kiss that. Today you replied YES! then you ran to me, with your arms stretched out. You jumped into my arms and you put your head on my shoulder. I hope you always love me as much as you do now.

I love that you show empathy to others already. Yesterday you saw Torrin sitting down and you said "Torrin boo boo. I see it." I looked over and we could see that Torrin had a cut on his knee. You said "I get down. I kiss it?" Adorable. You also react when one of us is crying by getting visibly upset. On TV when you see something sad you put your arms out and ask "I hold it?" You are a sweet boy and I love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment