Thursday, July 5, 2012

36 Weeks

Where do I even begin? So much has happened in the past two weeks!

On June 22nd, I went in for my regular check up at the doctor. My blood pressure was high and my right leg was still very swollen. After talking to the doctor, she decided to send me over to the Labor and Delivery unit to be monitored and to have an ultrasound of my leg to make sure there was no blood clot.  Thankfully there was no clot but they really scared me saying if you were a few weeks earlier, they may have done an emergency c section.

Daddy was on the golf course but he came over as soon as I called him. Here I am all hooked up in the triage unit. It is blurry :(

After them running blood tests and being monitored for a few hours, I was sent home on bed rest along with a huge jug to collect pee in. I had to collect it for 24 hours and wow, that was annoying. Do you know how often a pregnant woman goes potty? A lot. I was just hoping that I didn't mistake it for Orange Juice in the middle of the night. Thankfully, that did not happen. Here is the jug:

Camden saw me putting it in the fridge and he said it must be awkward giving the doctor all that pee. I said there are lots of things I have to show the doctor that are much more awkward :)

So that day began my time on bed rest. They told me I couldn't do anything but come to the doctor and get up to shower and use the restroom. I felt bad because that means Daddy has to take on a lot more! I don't like having people do everything for me so it has been a challenge. I feel guilty but there is nothing I can do. After I thought about it, I thought it might not be so bad. I could get caught up on emails and magazines. I could watch movies and TV. Well, not having feeling in my hands and feeling overall yucky has made this time into me basically laying on the couch or in bed all the time. There is no productivity but I have to go with how I feel.

The following Tuesday, Daddy and I went back to the doctor. My blood pressure was high again. They did an ultrasound to see where you were and how big you are. When you appeared on the screen, the ultrasound lady said "Oh, he's breech." I was shocked! I thought for sure you had moved, but no. You have stayed in the same spot the whole time. She said I would have a c section and I cried. A lot. It really scared me!  She said you were weighing 6lbs, plus or minus a pound. You are 59% percentile in weight, but your head is 94% percentile! Hopefully your body will catch up with your head! When we saw your profile Daddy said you had my lips! With everything that was going on, we left without the pictures of you!

After the ultrasound, they took me to labor and delivery again for more monitoring. I did more blood work, and got hooked up to the monitors again. After a few more hours, we were allowed to go home. The next day the doctor called and said my protein levels were high and I definitely had preeclampsia. She also said we would be scheduling my c section at the next doctor appointment which happened to be the next day.

Grandpa and Grandma sent some beautiful flowers to me:

Our dog is taking this bed rest thing very seriously:

More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment