Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Your Last Day of Being One

It is hard to believe that two years ago today, I went about my day thinking I had a few more days to prepare for your arrival. Looking back, I realize you can never been prepared for a new baby, but I thought I had 3 nights left to go until your scheduled date of July 12th. You had other ideas and decided you wanted to come sooner. My water broke and we were headed to the hospital.

It feels like only a few months ago that you were born. Suddenly you turned one and tomorrow we will be celebrating your second birthday. I am having mixed emotions about this. I am sad the days of you snuggling on my chest like a little football are over, but I am loving seeing the person you are becoming. You have a HUGE personality and you do something every day that makes me laugh. You are so expressive, you have a huge vocabulary and I personally think you are ridiculously adorable. You make it known what you like and what you do not like and you are still extremely attached to me. I do love that you love me and I hope you always think I am as cool as you think I am now. As challenging as you are with your tantrums and your stubbornness, I want to bottle up this time and make it stand still. I love watching you see new things. On July 4th you saw fireworks for the first time. You kept saying, "OH WOWWWW! That's a big one! I like that!" When you opened your birthday presents at your family party you would say "I like that!" It was so stinkin' cute! We all got a great laugh out of watching you.

As you get older, I know you are learning and growing but I can't help but wonder if I am being the best parent I can be to you. You still have trouble walking and you still love your bottle. I can't wait to hear how the doctor yells at me next week at your two year check up.

I have so much I want to say to you and for some reason it is not coming out correctly on here. You are awake in your crib so I need to go get you. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment