Thursday, April 26, 2012

26 Weeks

Just a few minutes ago, I saw you move in my belly on the outside for the first time. It was strange but also really cool! I finally decided to sit down and put my feet up, and I look down and see my belly moving! 

You have been a lot more active. I am not sure what exactly you are hitting me with. The last time we went to the doctor, your feet were on the right side of my belly. I don't feel anything there, I only feel it  about two inches below my belly button. Is that your arm? A leg? I am not sure. 

I am having lots of not so fun side effects from the pregnancy. I now have to wear wrist guards all the time to help with the numbness I feel in my fingers and hands. I may have already written that. My sciatica is bad and the worst thing is I am having a terrible time breathing. Not being able to breathe makes it hard for me to sleep. I think I got a total of 2 hours last night. 

Daddy and I went to Philadelphia and New Jersey last week. There are certain foods you can only get back East and every time I had one of those foods, you started moving around like crazy. Daddy said it is because you didn't like those foods but I think it is because you loved them!  

While there, we stopped by the Liberty Bell. Here I am at 25 weeks pregnant:


I am amazed at how many people tell me how big I am. The lady at Walgreens asked me when I was due. I told her, and she replied, "Are you sure you are not having twins? You are huge!"  Last night I was at a store to check out diaper bags and the sales associate said, "You must be having your baby any day now. Look how swollen you are!" Do people really need to point those things out to me? I do think I am bigger than most people but there is nothing I can do. 

While in Philly we got to see your Great Aunt Lorraine and your second and third cousins. We all went to  dinner and they got you lots of nice presents. I need to take pictures of the gifts! Here is a picture of all of us:


More to come when there is more to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment