Monday, March 19, 2012

20 Weeks

The weekend before your 20 week appointment, Daddy and I went to Babies R Us and registered-or attempted to register. There is so much stuff you are supposed to have and/or need-it was overwhelming! Of course I had to take pictures of the event:

Daddy scanning the first item which is part of your bedding!
 Me scanning the mobile we want for your crib.

Daddy loves his Camaro. He parked it away from all the other cars at Babies R Us :)

At least we decided on your bedding. It is called "In the Forest" and although it isn't spelled exactly like our last name, it is close. It has great colors and we really like it. Here is some of it:



I went today to look at paint colors but for someone who can't make up her mind, it is a tough decision. I am leaning towards green since there is so much blue in the house, but Daddy likes the blue color so I am not sure. We will see! The painters are coming on April 12th. It will be nice to get your room set up soon!

On Thursday we went to the doctor for your 20 week ultrasound. Normally this is when people find out what they are having but we were there to measure all of you, make sure nothing is wrong, and confirm you are still a boy. Nana and Papa came with Daddy and me. I was excited for them to see you!

You are definitely still a boy, and proud of it! When we went in the person doing the ultrasound informed me I have two placentas. This could explain why I don't feel you yet. I looked online to see about this and for some people it means there was a twin that did not make it. I don't think that is what happened since they have always only heard your heart beat and not another one. It could just be a freak thing. It is good to know!  You are symmetrical, your heart looks good, you have two arms and two legs, two kidneys, and everything else looks good. Here are some pictures of you!

Your two arms:
I like how she typed in "Boy Parts." I wonder if that is the technical term these days. I love your little foot sticking out.


Your face. You don't have much skin on you yet so it looks a little skeletal. 


Your cute little profile. I think it looks like you are blowing a bubble!



Now a picture of me at 20 weeks. It says you are the size of a banana! Your brothers thought that was hilarious. I guess I need to get the pink flowers off of your board since you are a boy. 


That was on St. Patrick's Day. I was in line at a store when the lady in front of me (who had WAY more than 20 items in the express lane) said she loved my shirt and asked me where I got it. I thanked her for the compliment (although it does not excuse the over 20 items thing) and told her it is maternity.

Speaking of maternity clothes, I think I might just wear them for the rest of my life. Expandable waists, comfy fabrics, long shirts that cover my bottom....I am in heaven. Elastic is a beautiful thing.

Nothing in my pregnancy has really changed in awhile. I am getting up every 2 hours at night and it isn't always to go to the bathroom. Perhaps you are getting me prepared for all the times you will wake me up after you are here. I would love one night of uninterrupted sleep. The thing is, I am exhausted but I lay there until 12 or 1am and then fall asleep. It is not fun. My sciatica is driving me nuts. It wakes me up because it hurts so bad. I can only assume it will get worse. I have had a lot of cramping but apparently it is round ligament pain from my belly growing. You started giving me heartburn, congestion and a daily bloody nose. All so much fun. Don't forget the never ending acne.

As for cravings, I am still wanting Skittles and lemonade. Another new one is White American Cheese. I am not supposed to have soft cheeses, but you seem to be ok so I am eating it. I also love regular Coke. Especially from McDonalds. It is going to be hard saying goodbye to it after you are here. It took me years to go to Diet Soda and now that I am having regular, I realize just how much I missed it. Oh, and I also crave Sonic grape slushes. Daddy came home from work today with a large one for me. Yum!

I am still on the hunt for a good glider. The prices of them stress me out. I feel like we should have another baby after you to justify the costs of some of these things. Nana and Papa have been great. Every time they come over, they bring you an outfit or diapers. That is a huge help! Grandpa and Susan said they would get Daddy and me something special. I thought that was very sweet as well! It is nice to have so many wonderful people around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment